Chickpea Croutons ingredients
- 2 15-oz. cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained, patted very dry
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 tablespoons avocado oil
Romaine Salad with Chipolte-Caesar Dressing ingredients
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 head romaine (1 pound), tough outer leaves discarded and head quartered lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1-inch strips
Chickpea Croutons Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine dry chickpeas, paprika, cayenne, salt and avocado oil and put in a single layer on a roasting pan. Roast for 30-40 minutes, shaking the pan every 10 minutes until brown and crunchy.
Put parmesan in a medium bowl and add extra virgin olive oil in a slow stream, whisking. Whisk in lime juice, garlic, chipotles, and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
Toss romaine with dressing and top with roasted chickpeas.
Optional topping: Grass-fed hamburger patty with melted cheddar cheese
- Date January 24, 2014
- Tags salads