- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3/4 teaspoon uniodized salt
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, cut crosswise into thirds
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut off the brown ends of the Brussels sprouts, then cut in half while pulling off any yellow outer leaves. Mix Brussels sprouts on a sheet pan with the avocado oil and salt with your hands. Arrange Brussels sprouts cut side down and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Shake the pan halfway through to brown the sprouts evenly.
While Brussels sprouts roast, melt butter in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat. When foaming subsides, add pecans and saute five minutes or until brown.
Remove Brussels sprouts from oven and add to skillet to mix with the buttered pecans. Serve immediately.
- If you can’t find baby Brussels sprouts, you can use 2 lb regular Brussels sprouts, quartered.
- Pecans can be toasted and buttered 1 day ahead and kept at room temperature, covered.
*recipe adapted from Epicurious
- Date January 24, 2014
- Tags vegetables