Amazing Benefits of Bone Broth
Cultures around the world have been making bone broth soups for thousands of years. The Chasen family, a culture unto itself, has recently discovered this tasty choice. We have made it a staple in our diet and I encourage you to do the same.
Research has shown the conventional wisdom of chicken soup’s healing properties to be true. Quite often science confirms that cultural mores, handed down from generation to generation, have merit. These cultures have a desire to do what’s in their best interest to survive so they discontinue those practices that don’t. (Hopefully, low-fat diets and statin medication recommendations will soon see their demise)
Homemade chicken broth and beef broth made with organic and grass-fed bones are considered superfoods in their own right. Simmering the bones with vinegar for 24 – 72 hours causes collagen, the protein found in animal’s connective tissue, to breakdown and produce gelatin. The benefits include:
- Promotes gut health by soothing and strengthening the lining of the digestive tract helping to heal diseases such as crohn’s, irritable bowel syndrome, and acid reflux
- Helps individuals suffering from sensitivities or allergies to tolerate foods better
- Encourages better looking skin
- Provides important amino acids including arginine, glutamine, glycine, and proline
- Adds easily-absorbable minerals including calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, silicon to name a few
I’m in and I encourage you to join me. A mug first thing in the morning has been added to my routine, right before my bulletproof coffee. (I just use regular coffee with the other recommended ingredients) Don’t wait until you’re sick to incorporate it into your daily regimen. Prevention is the key to feeling great!
Check out our tasty beef bone broth recipe in our “In the Kitchen” section to get you started.